Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- *4 chicken legs and 4 thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can pineapple slices
- ½ c. BBQ sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Spring onions for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium. Once hot, add the olive oil. Season both sides of the chicken with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken and cook until golden brown on each side and cooked through.
- Drain and reserve the juice from the canned pineapple slices.
- Turn the heat down to low and add about ½ cup of the reserved pineapple juice and pineapple slices. Stir to dissolve and loosen the browned chicken bits from the bottom of the skillet. Once everything has been loosened from the skillet, add the BBQ sauce and stir until a thick sauce forms. Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper if needed. If your sauce gets too thick, simply add a splash of the reserved pineapple juice. Garnish with spring onions and serve with rice.
*Boneless, skinless chicken breasts can also be used.
Recipe and photo by Vicky Bogers
Vicky is Asian, came to Europe 12 years ago and is a mom to three boys. As she battled homesickness for the first few months, she focused on learning the different variety of ingredients in her new country, read cooking books, tried local and international restaurants and later got hooked on cooking. Vicky uses ingredients that are widely available and prepares food that is seasonal, simple, and family friendly.