Now that the summer holiday is over, there is a wonderful way to remember those long summer days: create a small photo album for the poetic sunset, a joyful playday by the lake, and family gatherings.
What we need:
- I used square blank cards (it’s easier as they are already cut and folded), but you can also use a lightweight cardboard, which you can cut and fold yourself.
- Different elements to use as decoration
- Adhesive tape
- Tape the cards together, two by two, on both sides. You will need to fold every second card the other way, so in the end they will form an accordion.
- On the front cover, make a cut long enough to pass the ribbon through. Glue the end of the ribbon, like in the picture.
- It’s time to decorate. You can use coloured cardboard, the children’s drawings, plane or train tickets and all the bits and bobs you brought back from the holiday.
Tip: This accordion made out of paper can also be used as a holiday journal, storybook or for precious memories, like your first photos of your baby.
Text and photos by Laura Munteanu
Laura studied journalism and advertising, and has worked as a journalist and an illustrator. She has illustrated for magazines, websites, charity and diverse campaigns. She lives in Zurich with her husband and nine-year-old daughter.