‘Tis the season to be jolly, and in this part of the world we do that with a cup of zesty, spicy, warm mulled wine when winter comes knocking on our door.
- 1 bottle red wine
- 2 organic oranges, cut into slices
- 1 organic lemon, cut into slices
- ½ a fresh lemon, juiced
- ½ c. orange juice
- ¼ c. sugar
- 8 dried cardamom pods
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 star anise
- Throw all ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil for about 1 minute.
- Then reduce heat to low and allow wine to simmer for roughly 10-15 minutes.
- Serve each cup with an orange slice and enjoy. Merry Christmas!
By Maria de Conceicao
Maria moved to Switzerland for love and has since been living in Aargau with her family for over a decade. She is a passionate cook and avid photographer. She currently works as a freelance Food Photographer and Recipe Developer, her work can be found on @curryoncooking.ch on Instagram